65 Inspirational Short Quotes to Live By
Quotes are interesting for many reasons….they a bunch of words cleverly strung together for the purpose of contemplation about life. Quotes resonate with the millions of people who read them daily and their aim is mostly to inspire and motivate people to see things in a way that they had maybe not considered for themselves.
Quotes generally tell the not-so-obvious truths that we can all relate to.
Good short and simple quotes are enjoyable as you get the message without having to expend too much brainpower.
I love quotes, especially on those days when I am not feeling as inspired or as confident as I would like to feel. Reading a few powerful short quotes to live by always perks me up and gets me back on track.
I find short sayings and quotes are like coffee, but for the soul.
Please enjoy this collection of very good inspirational, short and simple quotes:
- The best way to get something done is to begin. – Unknown
- The fear of being laughed at makes cowards of us all. – Mignon McLaughlin
- The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated. – William James
- The only way to have a friend is to be one. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Limits, like fear, is often an illusion. – Michael Jordan
- Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it. – Salvador Dali
- Most of us are just about as happy as we make up our minds to be. – William Adams
- Be tolerant with others and strict with yourself. – Marcus Aurelius
- Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength. – Dalai Lama
- Peace and justice are two sides of the same coin. – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Accepting others’ life choices is something most people only learn with age. – Neil Strauss
- Whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves. – Abraham Lincoln
- Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy. – Isaac Newton
- All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming. – Helen Keller
- Endurance is patience concentrated. – Thomas Carlyle
- Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit. – Bernard Williams
- Man can alter his life by altering his thinking. – William James
- Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude. – Zig Ziglar
- Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. – Leo Tolstoy
- All that we are is the result of what we have thought; what we think we become. – Buddha
- Never regret anything that made you smile. – Mark Twain
- Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change. – Confucius
- The management of time is the management of self. – Jill Briscoe
- Life is short. Kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly – Paulo Coelho
- If you judge people, you have no time to love them. – Mother Teresa
- A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. – Thomas Carlyle
- Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. – Carl Jung
- Freedom is knowing who you really are. – Bill Vaughan
- Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. – Aristotle
- Gratitude turns what we have into enough. – Melody Beattie
- Appreciation can make a day – even change a life. – Margaret Cousins
- Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart. – Seneca the Younger
- A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety. – Aesop
- Long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity. – Bruce Lee
- No two things are more valued in another person than trust and loyalty. – Zig Ziglar
- Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations. – Leo Buscaglia
- To hell with circumstances, I create opportunities. – Bruce Lee
- You don’t drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there. – Edwin Louis Cole
- Wise men put their trust in ideas and not in circumstances. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Circumstances do not make the man, they reveal him. – James Allen
- You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist. – Indira Gandhi
- Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim. – Nora Ephron
- Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. – Gordon B. Hinckley
- Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live. – Jim Rohn
- Laughter is an important part of healthy living. – Matthew Moy
- You’ll never find a better sparring partner than adversity. – Golda Meir
- Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. – Albert Einstein
- Victory is always possible for people who refuse to stop fighting. – Napoleon Hill
- Don’t find fault, find the remedy. – Henry Ford.
- Attitude is a small thing that makes a big difference. – Winston Churchill
- Don’t fear starting over. You can build something better. – Unknown
- Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. – William James
- When I do good, I feel good. – Abraham Lincoln
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. – Maya Angelou
- One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. -French Proverb
- The energy of the mind is the essence of life. – Aristotle
- Energy is equal to desire and purpose. – Unknown
- Procrastination is opportunity’s natural assassin. – Victor Kiam
- There is nothing stronger in the world than gentleness. – Han Suyin
- The purpose of life is a life of purpose. – Robert Byrne
- Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. – Jonathan Larson
- If speaking is silver, then listening is gold. – Turkish Proverb
- Never mistake motion for action. – Ernest Hemingway
- Negativity can only feed on negativity. – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
I hope you enjoyed this selection of short quotes to live by.Words can have such an impact on us for and for that reason I suggest read quotes -often. Memorize a few that resonate with you and keep them in your arsenal of go-to thoughts when you are feeling negative or discouraged. It can make a world of difference to the way your feel.
What are some of your favorite short slogans or short quotes about life?
PS If you are a real lover of words, aspiring author or already written a book but need help publishing it Click Here for more information.
Related Quote Articles:
65 Inspirational Short Quotes to Live By