30 Quotes on Disciplines to Stay Motivated
If you want to be successful and reach your goals, self-regulation is the most crucial skill to master. Frequently, the best choices aren’t the fastest, easiest, or most pleasant. So you must exercise a high level of control over your emotions and behavior.
Improving your ability to do what is best for you regardless of initial desire is the only way to make consistent progress in life. As such, if self-discipline is your foundational skill, you grow more effective in everything you do.
This article covers a range of quotes on discipline by famous people that will help you get motivated and can be applied to any area of life.
Why is Self-Discipline so Hard?
30 Quotes on Discipline
1. Discipline is remembering what you want. -David Campbell
2. The discipline of desire is the background of character. -John Locke
3. For every disciplined effort there is a multiple reward. -Jim Rohn
4. Sever the ignorant doubt in your heart with the sword of self-knowledge. Observe your discipline. Arise. -Bhagavad-Gita
5. It takes tremendous discipline to control the influence, the power you have over other people’s lives. -Clint Eastwood
6. In the last analysis, our only freedom is the freedom to discipline ourselves. -Bernard Baruch
7. Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable, procures success to the weak, and esteem to all. -George Washington
8. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated and disciplined. -Unknown Author
9. We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment. -E James Rohn
10. Self-respect is the fruit of discipline: the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself. -Abraham Heschel
11. Read some good, heavy, serious books just for discipline: Take yourself in hand and master yourself. -W.E.B. DuBois
12. Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability. -Roy L Smith
13. Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day. -Jim Rohn
14. You never will be the person you can be if pressure, tension and discipline are taken out of your life. -Dr. James G. Bilkey
15. Discipline is the foundation upon which all success is built. Lack of discipline inevitably leads to failure. -Jim Rohn
16. Discipline is wisdom and vice versa. -Scott M Peck
17. The only discipline that lasts is self-discipline. -Bum Phillips
18. Be a hard master to yourself-and be lenient to everybody else. -Henry Ward Beecher
19. If we don’t discipline ourselves, the world will do it for us. -William Feather
20. Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. -Lao Tzu
21. With self-discipline most anything is possible.-Franklin D. Roosevelt
22. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
23. Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments. -Jim Rohn
24. Self-discipline is something, it’s like a muscle. The more you exercise it, the stronger it gets.-Daniel Goldstein
25. Self-discipline is that which, next to virtue, truly and essentially raises one man above another.-Joseph Addison
26. Self-discipline is the only power which can keep you energized even in the toughest of the circumstances.-Sukant Ratnakar
27. All successes begin with self-discipline. It starts with you.-Dwayne Johnson
28. The future depends on what we do in the present.-Mahatma Gandhi
29. With self-discipline most anything is possible.-Theodore Roosevelt
30. Self-discipline is the ability to do what you should do, when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not.-Elbert Hubbard
PS. Have you ever heard of creating your VERY OWN Power Life Script? It’s a handy tool that allows you to stay connected to your affirmations and goals almost on auto-pilot. Check it out HERE (And it is great for couples and children too)
30 Quotes on Discipline to Stay Motivated
What are some of your favorite discipline quotes by famous people? Leave a comment..