50 Short Enlightening Eckhart Tolle Quotes
The world became a better place when Eckhart Tolle’s wisdom was unleashed on millions of people worldwide via his books.
“The Power of Now” and “A New Earth” are still two of my favorite books of all time and I have lost count of the number of times I have read them.
The wisdom contained in his words is simple, straightforward, and true. Reading Meister Eckhart Tolle’s quotes is not only inspiring and illuminating but also “spiritually relaxing”.
But first, we ask…..
How Spiritual and Religious Beliefs influence Personal Development?
Spiritual beliefs can help people find meaning in life, and thereby also influence their feelings, behaviors, and mental health.
Therefore having any form of faith or belief is an important part of the self-improvement journey as it helps shape your view of the world and your future.
As Eckart Tolle so eloquently explains:
The world situation is calling more and more of us to take the inner journey toward conscious evolution. Paradoxical as it may seem, there is no better time than a time of adversity to awaken spiritually.What becomes your reality in the future is intrinsically connected to your state of consciousness in the present. Often, the primacy of this inner dimension is not realized except through the pressure of suffering created by seemingly insurmountable challenges in the outer dimension. This realization represents the opportunity that is opening up for us at this time.
Herewith a compilation of some of the best, short Eckhart Tolle quotes and sayings:
- “The past has no power over the present moment.”
- “The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.”
- “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.”
- “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.”
- “Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.”
- “To love is to recognize yourself in another.”
- “Life isn’t as serious as the mind makes it out to be.”
- “Life is the dancer and you are the dance.”
- “Anything that you resent and strongly react to in another is also in you.”
- “I have lived with several Zen masters — all of them cats.”
- “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
- “You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.”
- “Whatever you fight, you strengthen, and what you resist, persists.”
- “Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to “die before you die” — and find that there is no death.”
- “The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but thought about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is.”
- “Worry pretends to be necessary but serves no useful purpose”
- “It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living.”
- “Accept – then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.”
- “Being spiritual has nothing to do with what you believe and everything to do with your state of consciousness.”
- “If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality without.”
- “Is there a difference between happiness and inner peace? Yes. Happiness depends on conditions being perceived as positive; inner peace does not.”
- “Pleasure is always derived from something outside you, whereas joy arises from within.”
- “This, too, will pass.”
- “…the past gives you an identity and the future holds the promise of salvation, of fulfillment in whatever form. Both are illusions.”
- “What a liberation to realize that the “voice in my head” is not who I am. Who am I then? The one who sees that.”
- “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have.”
- “Living up to an image that you have of yourself or that other people have of you is inauthentic living.”
- “Don’t let a mad world tell you that success is anything other than a successful present moment.”
- “All problems are illusions of the mind.”
- “Don’t Seek Happiness. If you seek it, you won’t find it, because seeking is the antithesis of happiness”
- “Awareness is the greatest agent for change.”
- “Can you look without the voice in your head commenting, drawing conclusions, comparing, or trying to figure something out?”
- “All the things that truly matter, beauty, love, creativity, joy and inner peace arise from beyond the mind.”
- “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness.”
- “Being must be felt. It can’t be thought.”
- “This is my secret,” he said. “I don’t mind what happens.”
- “The moment you become aware of the ego in you, it is strictly speaking no longer the ego, but just an old, conditioned mind-pattern. Ego implies unawareness. Awareness and ego cannot coexist.”
- “To recognize one’s own insanity is, of course, the arising of sanity, the beginning of healing and transcendence.”
- “If not now, when?”
- “The moment that judgment stops through acceptance of what it is, you are free of the mind. You have made room for love, for joy, for peace.”
- “Only the truth of who you are, if realized, will set you free.”
- “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.”
- “Nothing has happened in the past; it happened in the Now. Nothing will ever happen in the future; it will happen in the Now.”
- “In today’s rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being.”
- “What you react to in others, you strengthen in yourself.”
- “Words reduce reality to something the human mind can grasp, which isn’t very much.”
- “Your outer journey may contain a million steps; your inner journey only has one: the step you are taking right now.”
- “Love is a state of Being. Your love is not outside; it is deep within you. You can never lose it, and it cannot leave you.”
- “The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not “the thinker.” The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter – beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace – arise from beyond the mind. You begin to awaken.”
These are just a few of the many, many sayings and quotes that Eckhart Tolle has brought to this world. I hope in reading them they brought a few minutes of joy to your day.
He has so many enlightening spiritual quotes and sayings – what are some of your favorite Eckhart Tolle quotes? Leave a comment.
50 Short Enlightening Eckhart Tolle Quotes